We had the pleasure of going to see The Wiggles in concert on Friday (21-March), and I'm sure Jan will give a full report (someday...). I took Anais down to see our seats while Mom stood in line at the souvenir stand (hey, gotta have something from your first concert - ultimately a Captain Feathersword doll and hat). On our way back up the steps, we encountered a mother with kids carrying two roses. Each rose had its stem bundled up in a baggie with water (sort of like you'd expect a carnival goldfish). It seemed somehow wrong to me (not unlike my idea to throw diapers - clean only - at the stage).
The longer I contemplated it, the more wrong it seemed to have your kids throw flowers at The Wiggles, no matter how good they were. It just wouldn't be appropriate for a 2-year-old to date a Wiggle. Not even Jeff - who's clearly the cutest.
At any rate, I swallowed my concerns and upon parting with money for baubles, we took our seats. It was only after Janice explained that the roses were for Dorothy the Dinosaur that my concerns were assuaged. Apparently she's a rososaurus and loves to eat roses. Who knew...
The lesson is to learn the mythology before passing judgment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment